WHO CAN JOIN NTM
NTM is open to all transport and transport related workers, including atypical workers, who include but are not limited to casual, part-time, fixed-term or seasonal workers employed in the sectors, trades, entities, undertakings and /or occupations operating in the Republic of South Africa regardless of the company in which they are employed.
NTM GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- To combat the exploitation of the workers in all sectors of the South African economy;
- To defend and advance the interest of the workers, in particular, at that of the working class in general;
- To improve the terms and conditions of employment of the members in particular;
- To represent the members in any proceedings in which they are involved;
- To campaign against repressive Labour Legislation;
- To improve the living conditions of its memebers;
- To defend the jobs of workers;
- To regulate relations between employees and employers, including any employer’s organization;
- To provide legal assistance to members in connection with employment matters;
- To establish and administer funds for the benefit of its members and their dependents;
- To encourage the settlement of disputes between members and employers and/ or employer’s organisations by conciliation, mediation or arbitration;
- To promote economic development and social justice in the South African society;
- To compart corruption and financial irregularities in all spheres of South African society.